User Tools

Site Tools


« Dictionary Index « Definitions under B


If the frisket is not sufficiently cut away, but covers some part of the form, so that it prints on the frisket, it is called a Bite. — M.
It interposes between the form and the paper to be printed on, and prevents the latter receiving the inked impression intended to be transferred to it. A pressman looks carefully over his first sheet to see that all is right, and if there be a bite he cuts it out of the frisket with his scissors; if one should at first escape his eye, it is cut out as soon as it is perceived.

First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page