User Tools

Site Tools


« Dictionary Index « Definitions under C


A caret, marked thus ^, is placed where some word happens to be left out in writing, and which is inserted over the line. This mark is also called a circumflex, when 'placed over some vowel of a word, to denote a long syllable: as, “Euphrâtes.” — Murray.

First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page