User Tools

Site Tools



This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

c:caret [2018/03/30 02:05] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +<< [[contents:​index| Dictionary Index]] << [[contents:​c|Definitions under C]]
 +====== Caret ======
 +A caret, marked thus ^, is placed where some word happens to be left out in writing, and which is inserted over the line. This mark is also called a [[c:​circumflex|circumflex]],​ when '​placed over some vowel of a word, to 
 +denote a long syllable: as, "​Euphrâtes."​ — //​Murray//​.\\ ​