User Tools

Site Tools


« Dictionary Index « Definitions under F


When some parts of a ball or roller do not take the ink, so that it does not adhere to the surface, the parts of the form that come in contact with them will be deficient of ink, and the paper when printed will, in those places, be either white or of a pale colour: these white or pale patches are called Friars, as the black patches, from too great a quantity of ink on particular places, are called Monks.

First PagePrevious PageNext PageLast Page