User Tools

Site Tools



This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

f:friar [2018/03/30 02:06] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +<< [[contents:​index| Dictionary Index]] << [[contents:​f|Definitions under F]]
 +====== Friar ======
 +When some parts of a [[b:​balls|ball]] or [[r:​roller|roller]] do not take the [[i:​ink|ink]],​ so that it does not adhere to the surface, the parts of the form that come in contact with them will be deficient of ink, and the paper when printed will, in those places, be either white or of a pale colour: these white or pale patches are called //Friars//, as the black patches, from too great a quantity of ink on particular places, are called //​[[m:​monk|Monks]]//​.