Cut glass chandelier, described as follows by the author:
This chandelier, which is a dozen or more feet high, is intended for 144 lights. Its design shows the style of glass-cutting of the eighteenth century, with the modem improvements. A large portion of the glass (all of which was of the purest quality) is cut in what is termed “lapidary cutting.” The candles are grouped in clusters in the lower tier, and in pendant groups for the upper tier.
The content of this book was first issued as weekly installments from October 4, 1851 to March 27, 1852.