Belgium’s Law Court of Liège is in the former palace of the Prince-Bishops, which stands in the city center of Place Saint-Lambert. Construction of the present building was ordered by Prince-Bishop Érard de La Marck in 1526 and was completed at the end of the sixteenth century.
The main south front burned down in 1734 and was completely rebuilt in typical architectural French style by Jean-André Anneessens. The east wing was added in 1849 to house the provincial government.
The caption reads in the original French:
Cour du palais de Justice, à Liège.