Interior view of the water pump at Chaillot, now a part of Paris. It was located near the place de l’Alma and drew water from the Seine, which was then forced to the cisterns of the Chaillot Hill. The pump was initially powered by two Newcomen engines, named the Constantine and the Augustine after the project engineers, Jacques-Constantin and Auguste-Charles Périer. It remained in use from 1781 to 1900.
The caption reads in the original French:
La pompe à feu de Chaillot.