- Cassas, Louis François
- Buildings & monuments, Landscapes & places
- Charpentier, François-Philippe, Née, François Denis
- Landscape (wider)
- The New York Public Library
- Voyage pittoresque et historique de l'Istrie et de la Dalmatie
- Lavallée, Joseph
- Paris: François Denis Née, 1802
- Open Library:
- View record
View of the remains of the aqueduct of Diocletian, which brought water from the source of the river Jadro, near Solin, to Diocletian’s palace in Split, Croatia. The dilapidated though still majestic semicircular arches are seen on their downhill course across woodland, dominated by the mountains in the background.
The caption reads in the original French:
Vue de l’aqueduc de Salones qui conduisait l’eau à Spalatro.
Keywords: 1800s, 19th century, antiquity, black & white, Croatia, Europe, mountain, ruins