- Johannot, Tony
- Wood engraving
- Porret, Henri Désiré
- Portrait (taller)
- Robarts Library, the Internet Archive
- Histoire du roi de Bohême et de ses sept châteaux
- Nodier, Charles
- Paris: Delangle Frères, 1830
- Open Library:
- View record.
Covert double portrait of Charles Nodier and Tony Johannot depicted as two men attending a reception, one leaning on the other while making a remark in a hushed voice. The identification of the second figure with Tony Johannot is suggested by Philippe Kaenel. Octave Uzanne was of the opinion it might have been Roger de Beauvoir.
- ^ Kaenel, Philippe. Le métier d’illustrateur. Geneva: Droz, 2003, p. 158.
- ^ Le Livre, vol. 1. Paris: Maison Quantin, 1880, p. 395.
Keywords: 1830s, 19th century, black & white, male, portrait, Romanticism