A steamship equipped with two paddle wheels (one on each side of the hull) powered by a steam engine. The sails were used when the winds were favorable. Steam engines weren’t widely used on ships until around 1820.
The caption reads in the original French:
Bâtiment à vapeur dessiné court largue, les amures à tribord ; il est vu par le travers.